Henry Ford Health System Housekeeping / Environmental Services Assoc (EVS) - Part Time Day Shift (7am - 3:30pm)- West Bloomfield Hospital in West Bloomfield, Michigan
Under the supervision of the Environmental Services Management Team, responsible for the cleanliness and servicing of assigned work areas, care of assigned equipment and economical and efficient use of all supplies. Responsible for performing a variety of custodial duties to maintain a sanitary and orderly condition of the multiple Henry Ford Health System locations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Prepares patient rooms for new admissions, including restocking of linen and paper supplies.
· Operates ultraviolet (UV) disinfection equipment (i.e. Xenex Robot).
· Reports any mechanical failures or negative conditions as observed in assigned areas for preparation of work order for the maintenance department. Notifies supervisor when supplies are low and need to be replenished and/or ordered.
· Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, environmental and infection control standards.
· Maintains confidentiality of patient and unit data per HIPPA regulations.
· Cooperates with other personnel to achieve departmental/interdepartmental objectives and maintain good employee relations.
· Enhances job related growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
· Custodial experience preferred.
· Must be able to interact directly with patient population, job requires high visibility. Must exhibit consistently high level of customer service and ‘Patients First’ sensibility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical ability to lift, push, pull a minimum of 50 pounds and/or squat, able to stand and walk 90% of work period and able to walk stairs and negotiate uneven surfaces. Normal office environment with minimal exposure to noise, dust, or extreme temperatures.
Day Shift (7am - 3:30pm) - Part Time (must work weekends)Overview Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health care systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research and education. The system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory network and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a full continuum of care. In 2015, Henry Ford provided $299 million in uncompensated care. The health system also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 24,600 employees. Henry Ford is a 2011Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. The health system is led by President and CEO Wright Lassiter III. To learn more, visitHenryFord.com. Benefits Whether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about choice. Henry Ford Health System has a new approach for its employee benefits program - My Choice Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program (Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness and access to day care services at Bright Horizons Midtown Detroit, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee's classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.