Cosma International Technical Warranty Manager in Troy, Michigan
Magna Powertrain is a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in powertrain design, development, testing and manufacturing. Offering complete system integration sets us apart from our competitors. An operating group of Magna International, Magna Powertrain is headquartered in Troy, Michigan with 50 plus locations globally.
Supervise Design/Electrical Liaison engineers (3) at Troy location.
Lead/Manage problem solving activity for technical warranty problems.
Interface with warranty analysts and warranty technicians for warranty data and warranty return teardown information.
Interface with Troy/Ramos Engineering teams for technical support for problem solving/testing.
Interface with Driveline Manufacturing teams for technical support for problem solving/testing.
Interface with Troy/Ramos Supplier Quality teams for technical support for problem solving/testing.
Attend Customer PDT/Engineering meetings and Warranty reviews.
Prepare Warranty presentation/summary for problem reporting.
Participate in weekly OEM internal warranty meetings.
Practice and maintain integrity while following Magna’s Charter and Constitution.
Follow Magna’s Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies.
Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF).
Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
Comply with safety policies and procedures to ensure duties of self are performed in a safe manner.
Health & Safety responsibilities:
Understand applicable Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
Report unsafe conditions immediately.
Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately.
Follow safety rules.
Comply with requirements for the use or operation of machines or equipment.
Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering .
Strong Problem solving skills like 8D’s 5whys, fishbone etc.
Ability to interpret warranty data from various customers.
Six Sigma / RedX Black Belt – preferred.
Strong communication skills – oral, written, interpersonal.
High computer proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Ability to predict and project data based on available sample data
Ability to use Minitab and MS office is a plus.
Ability to multi-task and respond to customer needs at a moment’s notice.
Strong problem resolution/solving skills.
Knowledge of Design/Process PFMEA and Manufacturing Control Plans.
- 5+ years’ experience in automotive Driveline/Powertrain Design /Manufacturing.
Office environment; 20% Travel required
While working in this environment, the employee will be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by the manufacturing process.
Manage Team of Electrical and Mechanical warranty product Engineers.
Key Behavioral Traits for Success:
- Continuous Quality & Performance Improvement: Able to establish personal standards of quality for own work; independently improve the quality of own work processes products, and/or services; identify and apply “best practices” in own work; improve the efficiency of own work by eliminating barriers and streamlining work processes; measure and track own performance.
- Creativity & Innovation: Able to generate creative ideas to solve problems and improve work methods; apply novel approaches to situations; independently apply professional expertise in ways that are unique or innovative; collaborate with team members to brainstorm creative approaches; rethink situations to create new opportunities or overcome obstacles.
- Problem Solving & Analysis: Able to gather appropriate data and diagnose the cause of a problem before taking action; separate causes from symptoms; apply lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges; anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them; develop and evaluate alternative courses of action.
- __*Technical/Functional Expertise:* Able to demonstrate mastery of the technical/functional skills necessary for performing own job; maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of the advances in field; regularly publish or present on leading-edge issues; conduct leading-edge research or similar work that has organization-wide impact; play a key role in advancements in profession.
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: Magna Powertrain Troy - Driveline Systems
Job Type: Regular