Cosma International Lead, Sofware & HiL Testing in Troy, Michigan
Manage effectively and efficiently the execution and coordination of all daily activities associated with Shift-System Durability Testing, EOL/ Pre-commissioning activities . Responsible for a team that determines quality of system by overseeing EOL/System testing activities.
- Lead and oversee all shift-system durability testing activities for all projects. Collaborate with stakeholders to generate detailed timeline for test requests for multiple programs. Ensure equipment and software upgrade to keep up with the technology trends in the industry.
- Responsible for global test architecture to ensure reusability on multiple HiL platforms (including but not limited to HiL Dyno integration and HiL Quad stand integration)
- Lead and oversee all pre-commissioning activities for all projects. Ensure verification of EOL test configs to internal stakeholders(EMS, EMN etc.) and verification of EOL test specifications and delivery to external stakeholders(Ramos, Muncie etc.)
- Manage the engineers responsible for system testing for the mechatronic system.
- Keep abreast of new technology trends, resource trends and market demand for new products/projects.
- Manage and delegate resources for multiple ongoing projects, keeping track of daily progress.
- Practice and maintain integrity while following and upholding Magna’s Charter and Constitution
- Follow and uphold Magna’s Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF).
- Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
- Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
Health & Safety responsibilities:
Understands and enforces Environmental, Health & Safety policies, procedures and rules.
Involved in accident / incident investigation, reporting and corrective actions.
Reviews safety incidents, memos, etc. with employees.
Train new employees.
Correct unsafe acts and conditions.
Ensure use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Assess employee safety performance as part of performance appraisal.
- Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
- Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
- Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering strongly preferred; 5-10 years of related experience in design, test, electrical or software engineering; or combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to work with cross functional team members
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink, Targetlink, simulation, and HiL simulators (dSPACE/Vector).
- Strong product development, planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as teamwork skills.
- Minimum five (5) years related work experience. Experience in testing of AWD/ 4WD systems preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Oversees, leads, and manages Software & HIL Test Engineers, team size of 2 to 5 engineers. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, interviewing, hiring and training, reward and disciplinary actions of employees, performance appraisals.
While working in this environment, the employee will be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by the manufacturing process.
Up to 10% travel required.
- Continuous Improvement: Able to foster an organizational environment in which individuals take personal responsibility for improving work processes and products; identify and resolve quality issues that cross departments or functions; support efforts that enhance the organization’s quality performance; create an environment where best practices are freely shared among teams throughout the organization and performance is measured to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Creativity & Innovation: Able to generate creative ideas to solve problems and improve work methods; apply novel approaches to situations; independently apply professional expertise in ways that are unique or innovative; collaborate with team members to brainstorm creative approaches; rethink situations to create new opportunities or overcome obstacles.
- Problem Solving & Analysis: Able to gather appropriate data and diagnose the cause of a problem before taking action; separate causes from symptoms; apply lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges; anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them; develop and evaluate alternative courses of action.
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Able to demonstrate mastery of the technical/functional skills necessary for performing own job; maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of the advances in field; regularly publish or present on leading-edge issues; conduct leading-edge research or similar work that has organization-wide impact; play a key role in advancements in profession.
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: Magna Powertrain Troy - Driveline Systems
Job Type: Regular