Munson Healthcare RN Cath Lab - Recovery Room in Traverse City, Michigan
Provides health care services to patients under direction and responsibility of a Physician.
Graduate of an accredited RN program with current Michigan license
Experience working in acute care cardiology; critical care experience preferred
BLS and ACLS certification required
Accountable to the unit manager or designee of the assigned patient care unit; ultimately accountable for the practice of nursing to the Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services.
Provides direction to and supervision of LPNs, Techs, Clerks, Nursing Assistants, and/or other categories as needed.
Works collaboratively and effectively with all members of the Patient Care Team
POPULATIONS SERVED COMPETENCIES, INCLUDING AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
X__Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
X__Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
X__ Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
X__Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Works with THV cardiologists in the cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology labs, recovery areas Explains procedures and treatments to patients to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Assists with medical procedures appropriate for a Registered nurse under the direction of the THV physicians
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patients
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol
- Initiates patient and family education plans according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by the physician and/or hospital policy including patient and family instruction
- Collaboration with THV clinic staff to coordinate follow-up primary care, specialty consultations and testing
- Performs pre procedural laboratory and document review and patient teaching for TEE, cardioversions, caths, pacemakers, etc.
- Facilitate flow of patients through the cardiac catheterization or electrophysiology lab
- Act as a liaison for THV staff, hospital staff, patients, families, and physicians in the inpatient and outpatient arena
- Discharge planning and patient instruction for outpatient post procedure care and follow up
- Complete required procedural paperwork as directed by the physicians including pre and postoperative orders and discharge instructions and medication lists
- Assist with facilitating discharges on the cardiac and in-patient units
- Provides support to Cardiologists and Nurse Practitioners in the acute care setting
- Other duties may be assigned