EHM Senior Solutions Vice President, Human Resources / Administration in Saline, Michigan
Founded in 1879, Evangelical Homes of Michigan (EHM) is a not-for-profit, full service health and human service organization that provides health care, housing and community services to older adults and their families in Southeast Michigan. Today, EHM is one of the largest nonprofits of its kind in metro Detroit and one of the oldest in the state, serving more than 4,500 older adults and their extended families annually.
EHM remains grounded in tradition to care for the underserved and has provided $11.5 million in charitable care over the past five years. EHM has been consistently recognized for its leadership and innovation over the years, and was named one of Michigan’s top 25 workplaces by the Detroit Free Press.
Purpose of Your Job Position:
The primary purpose of your job position is to serve as the DirectorNice President responsible for human resources for EHM Senior Solutions, its divisions and subsidiaries. The Vice President of the human resources department is a strategic management role in the organization with primary day-today responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all personnel management and human resources related activities. This job description identifies your overall responsibility and the required tasks to create an environment that promotes innovative solutions and exceptional service.
Delegation of Authority:
As the primary human resource leader, you _are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. In your role as Director, you will
report to the Chief Operating Officer and in their absence; President and Chief Executive Officer of EHM Senior Solutions.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Demonstrate/ perform assigned duties in a compassionate manner in accordance with the mission/values of EHM Senior Solutions.
Acknowledge this role as being part of a dynamic organization offering a full array of services to older adults, and work with executive leadership, directors and team members throughout the organization.
- Communicates regularly with the Chief Operations Officer, Executive Directors, and the Directors of Nursing Services.
- Assists in strategic or globalized planning (big picture11 planning) for the organization as a whole.
- Identifies ways to communicate to the employees of EHM Senior Solutions, the strategic goals, direction and vision of EHM Senior Solutions.
- Reviews job descriptions to comply with federal and state laws and establishes a clearing house11 for job descriptions and templates.
- Review and make recommendations to the COO and the President/CEO regarding hourly and salaried personnel policies, wages, and benefits.
- Responsible to create a robust menu of benefits and programs that create a workforce that believes we are employer of choice in the area.
- Assists in the development of department budgets concerning personnel administration.
- Assures the timely completion of Employee Accident Reports by the facilities/subsidiaries and that appropriate follow-up is provided by our Compensation/Disability carriers. He/she is responsible for all procedures related to injury notification and processing.
- Responsible to manage the hiring and onboarding of team members using EHMs talent acquisition practices to ensure the hiring of quality team members aligned with EH Ms mission and vision.
Ensure the ongoing practice and quality delivery to staff of performance evaluations and coaching utilizing Partnering for Performance tools and guidelines. Educational and Experience Requirements:
A Bachelor in Business Administration in Human Resources or Industrial Relations or closely related field. Masters Degree preferred.
- Experienced Human Resource leader with 5-8+ years of progressive leadership and management experience, in a health care services environment.
- Experience working with Board of Directors. Experience in significantly contributing to the development of strategic plans and implementation of same within a diverse continuum of care system.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively coach motivate and develop others.