Beaumont Health Clinical Nurse in Royal Oak, Michigan
The clinical nurse, under the ANA scope of practice utilizes the framework of the nursing process to provide professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The Clinical Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures.
*UNIT DESCRIPTION: *
Family Birth Center is a 22 bed unit that provides care for pregnant women. The care on the unit ranges from the delivery and recovery of the mother with a normal, uncomplicated, term pregnancy to that of a high-risk mother, both pre-term and post-delivery. The unit includes a 9 bed triage, 4 operating rooms, and a 5 bed recovery room.
Antepartum is a 17 bed unit that provides care for women of all ages. The main population is women with complications of pregnancy and health related problems during pregnancy. In addition, when volume demands, Antepartum also provides care to NICU postpartum mothers and gynecology patients.
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of patient/family/significant other.
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care (PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for each patient/family.
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally responsible).
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related needs.
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family; documents education and learning appropriately in health record.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice. Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals annually and completes peer review.
- Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and committees.
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the patient, family and partners in care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural traditions and lore of community served.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Training: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD – if not minimum BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3) years. This is effective September 1, 2017. Specialty Certification highly recommended after 2 years in specialty.
Work Experience: Prefer at least one year of RN experience in acute care setting. May consider graduate nurses with OB preceptorship. Experience as a RN in L&D and/or Mother-Baby areas and BSN highly preferred.
Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license in State of Michigan
Other Qualifications: Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers certification and other certifications as required by department.
• Family Birth Center: NRP within 6 months of hire/transfer • Family Birth Center: EFM within 1 year of hire/transfer