Prestige Healthcare Unit Manager (RN) in Rogers City, Michigan
Want more than just a job, looking for a career? MediLodge wants you!
We are currently hiring for a RN Unit Manager.
MediLodge is a skilled nursing group that is looking for the best, most compassionate employees to join our team.
A career with MediLodge is a rewarding one where you can see the impact on residents and their family members.
We promote “growing our own” and are very involved in our employees development, helping them to achieve their goals!
MediLodge offers Top Notch Benefit Packages to our Employees!
* Competitive Wages
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* Opportunities for Advancement
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Paid Sick Vacation Time
* 401k Program
* Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
* Aflac and Colonial Ancillary Insurance Products
Help us make a difference!
Responsible for directing the entire operation of a nursing unit in a long-term care healthcare facility
- Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing, degree preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) (if state requires) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) in state employed.
- Valid CPR teaching certificate, if applicable.
Experience: Three years of nursing experience, of which one year was in a long term care environment. Essential Functions:
Performs General Management Functions such as hiring, disciplining and evaluating employees
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address resident care issues for the unit
- Manages area of responsibility with the goal of achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Contacts physicians as necessary and ensures physicians interventions are timely and appropriate
- Reviews staffing patterns and census of nursing units, and reassigns personnel when necessary to ensure staffing meets resident needs and budgetary controls.
- Monitors the clinical operations of the unit and resident’s conditions and ensures that appropriate and quality care is administered.
- Obtains medications, supplies and medical records needed to provide safe, efficient and therapeutic care to residents on a continuing basis.
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel, monitors their skills and guides and observes staff that may need assistance with procedures.
- Participates in facility “QA” program
Performs other tasks as assigned. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Skilled in motivation of staff and leadership.
- Skilled in work assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of state and federal requirements for accreditation and certification.
- Possesses basic computer skills
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse resident and employee population.