Cedarbrook Senior Living Caregiver - Full-Time and Part-Time Various Shifts Available in Rochester, Michigan
Assist and provide direction to residents with personal care needs which enables the resident to maintain good personal hygiene, to carry out activities of daily living, to maintain good health and to participate in the activities of the community.
Essential Position Functions:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists residents in their personal care which includes direction and assistance in grooming, hygiene, dressing, nutrition, etc.
- Assists residents to and from dining room as needed and assists with meals.
- Encourages and assists residents to participate in activities.
- Listens to and understands the problems of residents and reports observations immediately to Director, if appropriate.
- Participates in all in-service programs to expand and develop abilities.
- Sets a good example for residents and other staff members by appearance, conduct and interest in job.
- Maintains compliance to all personnel policies, established community policies and procedures, and Federal and State regulations and standards.
- Understands and implements the Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Plan and evacuation procedures of the community during drills and actual emergencies.
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Health care or nurse’s aide training with a 100 hour nurses aide training preferred.
- One year nurses aide experience preferred.