Cedarbrook Senior Living Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Part-Time 2nd Shift in Plymouth, Michigan
Under the supervision of a Registered and/or Practical Nurse, performs various care activities for seniors in a long-term care environment. Assist residents in dressing or undressing, bathing, or eating. Collect non-invasive body fluid specimens or gathers vital signs but does not start or administer intravenous fluids. Assist nursing staff members with procedures if needed. Document resident care services and interactions as needed.
Essential Position Functions:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Answers signal lights, bells, or intercom system to determine residents needs.
- Bathes, dresses, and undresses residents.
- Serves and collects food trays and feeds residents requiring help.
- Transports residents or assists residents to walk.
- Drapes residents for examinations and treatments, and remains with residents to perform such duties as holding instruments and adjusting lights.
- Turns and repositions residents, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
- Changes bed linens, runs errands, directs visitors, and answers telephone.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Assists with laundry and housekeeping duties.
- Dusts and cleans residents rooms.
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Certified Nurses Aide certification in Michigan required.