life care Unit Clerk/Secretary (Non Nurse) CNA in Plainwell, Michigan
Live the Mission:
Life Care Center of Plainwell is conveniently located off US 131 just north of Kalamazoo and a short commute south of Grand Rapids.
We are looking for a CNA to work in this role as Unit Secretary.
The Unit Clerk/Secretary (Non Nurse) assists the Unit Manager in the day to day recording and charting of medical and administrative information in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements:
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Prior office experience preferred
Prior health care experience preferred Specific Job Requirements:
Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to accurately relate information concerning a patient’s condition
- Must have functional knowledge in field of practice
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care’s Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training Essential Functions:
Must be able to accurately file all medical information accurately and timely
- Must be able to file appropriate patient information data on designated medical records, wristbands, ID cards, etc., as required
- Must be able to schedule appointments for services independently
- Must be able to manage telephone calls courteously and efficiently
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language An Equal Opportunity Employer