Prestige Healthcare Staff Development (RN) in Okemos, Michigan
Want more than just a job, looking for a career? MediLodge wants you!
MediLodge is looking to hire for an Staff Development Coordinator!
MediLodge is a skilled nursing group that is looking for the best, most compassionate employees to join our team.
A career with MediLodge is a rewarding one where you can see the impact on residents and their family members.
We promote "growing our own" and are very involved in our employees development, helping them to achieve their goals!
MediLodge offers Top Notch Benefit Packages to our Employees!
- Competitive Wages
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Sick Vacation Time
- Company 401k Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Aflac and Colonial Ancillary Insurance Products Help us make a difference!
Assess, plan, organize, implement, evaluate and coordinate the center Staff Development Program, performs clinical tasks and assists in other departments.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BS degree preferred.
- Licensed as a RN required.
- Valid CPR teaching certificate, if applicable.
- Current with state Continuing Education (CE) Requirements.
- Three years of nursing experience, of which one year was in a long term care environment.
- One year of experience as an instructor preferred.
- Ensures that employees receive compliance training and education necessary to perform their job responsibilities in accordance with Company Code of Conduct.
- Ensures that documentation for all training is completed in accordance with state, federal and compliance requirements.
- Monitors employee performance and takes necessary action for compliance issues.
- Develops and conducts an orientation program for new, rehired and contract employees.
- Manages Employee Health program.
- Provides hands-on clinical orientation and instruction to licensed and unlicensed personnel.
- Conducts or coordinates new employee job training, and CPR training.
- Assesses resident needs in relation to staff abilities and designs appropriate training programs.
- Working with the Director of Nursing (DNS), ensures clinical competency of nursing staff through observed skills evaluation, and conducts annual competency assessments for licensed nursing staff and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs).
- Assists in department budget preparation and contains expenditures within budget.
- Conducts and coordinates OSHA/Risk Management program with oversight of documentation requirements
- Ensures the educational curriculum in the center meets or exceeds state, federal and accreditation requirements.
- Plans and conducts state and federally required in-service programs.
- Conducts certification or training programs for Nursing Assistants.
Performs other tasks as assigned. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Knowledge of learning principles and training techniques.
- Skilled in developing and conducting training programs.
- Skilled in work assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of state and federal requirements for accreditation and certification.
- Possesses basic computer skills
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse resident and employee population.