MedImpact, Inc. Patient Care Specialist in Novi, Michigan
Pharmacy Technician; Patient Care Specialist (x17 openings)
MedImpact Direct, a subsidiary of MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.,is currently searching for a dynamic addition to their team. If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, we welcome your application. We are a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Patient Care Specialist provides outstanding customer service to members related to their prescriptions. These can be related to refill requests, shipment status, billing issues, demographic updates, payment & invoice questions and other general questions. This position works under general supervision, relying upon instructions, work process guidelines, policies & procedures, and company knowledge/experience to perform the functions of the job. The extent of supervision ranges from close to moderate based upon demonstrated skill and performance levels as defined for the position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Convey a positive image of the company by promptly responding to customer phone inquiries and determining the appropriate actions to resolve issues, gather and provide information, and offer assistance
- Assisting customers with various issues including but not limited to: medication refill requests, answering prescription questions, shipment status, billing issues, and updating customer information.
- Deliver service that meets or exceeds department performance standards for Average Hold Time, Abandonment Rate, Talk Time, Quality, Adherence, and One-touch Resolution.
- Answers phones and responds to patient questions and request that do not require a pharmacist. Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating information required to answer questions and referring them to the pharmacist for clinical information
- Follow up with callers as appropriate to ensure customer satisfaction and timely response to requests. Diffuse irate or emotionally upset customers by appropriately listening to issues, calming the customer, and providing positive solutions to resolve concerns
- Represent MedImpact Direct in a positive manner by adhering to SMART processes and established procedures and guidelines
- Support the corporate strategy by delivering Flawless Fundamentals through telephone courtesy, prompt response to callers, anticipation of customer needs and concerns, solution-oriented problem solving, and adherence to call center scripts, greetings, and call closing messages
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations to department leadership for improvement of workflow processes, operating systems, training programs, reference materials, and quality initiatives that enhance the customer experience
Education & Experience
For consideration, candidates will need an Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two (2) year College or technical school; or six (6) months to one (1) year job related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and job realated experience; two (2) to five (5) years call center customer service experience; Health Plan, or Healthcare background is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office/Word, Excel, and Outlook and aptitude for new programs
- Experience with Windows based database programs is also required
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
National certification and Michigan State Pharmacy Technician licensure required
Maintains a current Pharmacy Technician License and/or CPhT certification without restriction
Other Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to appear for work on time, follow directions from a supervisor, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures, comply with corporate policies, goals and objectives, accept constructive criticism, establish goals and objectives, and exhibit initiative and commitment. Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed the competencies as listed.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level I
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: Novi, MI
# of openings: 3
Employment duration: Full time
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Added to system: 10/22/18 3:45 PM
Job Code: 340.181022.5799/MIDM