Prestige Healthcare Licensed Practical Nurse in Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Leading LPN Wages – Up to $35.50 per Hour and Offering a $5,000 Sign-on Bonus (for full-time)!
At MediLodge of Mount Pleasant, we are looking for a compassionate Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) such as you, to join the team! We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to your career, so if you are looking for a place where you feel valued, supported and challenged, we invite you to apply.:
While you are working hard to care for our residents and positively impact their quality of life, let us take care of you with competitive wages up to $35.50 per hour (includes a $2/hr front line staff incentive and a $5/hr Weekender Bonus), a generous $5,000 sign-on bonus (a limited time opportunity for full-time), benefit package for you and your family, paid vacation and sick time in addition to opportunities to grow your career.:
At Medilodge of Mt. Pleasant, we are proud of our 5-Stars rating for Quality Measures and Staffing. Our tenured staff is passionate about coaching, training and mentoring our team and strives to create a positive work environment every day.:
Thank you for considering a career with us!:
We can’t wait to meet you!:
Coordinates and provides nursing care for skilled nursing facility residents and provides supervision and guidance to clinical staff members. Scope of work may be modified by state specific rules under the Nurse Practice Act.
- Graduate of accredited LPN/LNV school of nursing.
- Valid Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) license in the state employed.
- Valid CPR certification.
- One year experience in nursing preferred.
- Documents the resident’s condition and nursing needs.
- Accurately and promptly implements physicians’ orders.
- Assigns nursing care to team members in accordance with the resident’s needs and the person’s capabilities and qualifications.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates junior staff members and CNAs.
- Administers medications and performs treatments for assigned residents, and documents that treatment as required by Company, and local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Participates in orientation and in-service training for personnel.
- Assists physicians with special tests and procedures within the scope of state specified Nursing Practice Act.
- Ensures that supplies are utilized economically and that equipment is clean and maintained in a safe manner.
- Reports and records pertinent observations and reactions regarding residents.
- Coordinates nursing care of residents when scheduled for therapy or procedures by other departments.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in residents.
- Interviews applicants and recommends hires. Participates in counseling, disciplinary action and termination of staff, to extent permitted by state practice act.
- Supervises nursing unit, which includes scheduling and directing the nursing staff to extent permitted by state practice act.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Promotes interpersonal relationships and develops staff morale
- Assures that inventory and supplies are maintained on the unit and communicates need for housekeeping, maintenance or dietary assistance.
- Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.