LifePoint Health Reg Respiratory Therapist, Respiratory Care .8 Days $10,000 New Hire Sign On Available! in Marquette, Michigan
Examines patients with breathing-related conditions and conducts diagnostic testing. Consults with physicians to develop and implement a treatment plan for the patient. Performs physiotherapy and other treatments and teaches patients to use medications.
Measures lung capacity and analyzes blood samples using a blood gas analyzer.
Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices.
Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance. Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment.
Educates the patient and family about the patient's illness and provides information about community support groups and other resources.
Monitors, receives, stocks, and distributes respiratory care supplies and medical gas cylinders. Maintains storage areas with required supply levels and equipment.
Disassembles, cleans, and sterilizes equipment, and performs preventative maintenance and calibration of machines.
Functions as an expert in the delivery of invasive, critical procedures in both the hospital setting and in long distance emergent NICU patient transfers.
- Associate’s degree required
- Graduated from CoARC approved respiratory care school required
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action in situations critical to health and well being of patients.
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) required
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) required
- Respiratory Therapist in State of Michigan required
Minimum Work Experience
- 1 year related experience preferred
Title: Reg Respiratory Therapist, Respiratory Care .8 Days $10,000 New Hire Sign On Available!
Requisition ID: 7467-6031