LifePoint Health Radiographer, Radiology PRN in Marquette, Michigan
Performs various imaging procedures in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice.
Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves,
and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
- Two years ARRT accredited program in Radiologic Technology required
- Associate's degree preferred
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) required
- ARRT Registry required
Minimum Work Experience
- 1 year related experience preferred
Job: *Radiology/Imaging Services
Title: Radiographer, Radiology PRN
Requisition ID: 7467-6007