Trinity Health COPD Navigator/Pulmonary Rehab Coordinator in Livonia, Michigan
- Accountable for the day-to-day operations of the Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) / Pulmonary Rehabilitation program.
- Expertly performs a variety of pulmonary Rehab functions including testing modalities based on physician orders, lab protocols, and assessment of clinical condition
- Identifying COPD patients who are at risk of re-admission due to poor management of their chronic condition.
- Providing COPD patients tools to reduce frequent hospital readmissions.
- The COPD Navigator provides comprehensive educational sessions to inpatients that have been diagnosed with COPD or any other chronic lung condition.
- Responsible for providing follow-up calls to patients at various intervals to further support the use of provided resources and improved management of patients' chronic conditions .
- Under general supervision, plan, manage and coordinate the Pulmonary Rehabilitation program.
- Able to develop programs, policies and procedures and participates in their implementation; and evaluates program effectiveness.
- Including the daily operations of the Pulmonary rehab program.
- Effectively coordinates the Pulmonary rehab program and navigation of COPD patients, to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Effectively coordinates daily Pulmonary rehab schedule to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Minimum of Associate in Respiratory Care
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Minimum of six months clinical experience
- COPD educator preferred
- BCLS required
- ACLS required
Job Number: 00127199
Location: Livonia, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - St. Mary Hosp Livonia
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift