Cosma International Health & Safety Assistant in Lansing, Michigan
This position is for DexSys, a division of Magna Exteriors.
Magna Exteriors, an operating group of Magna International Inc., is a full-service global supplier of automotive exterior systems. We design, engineer and manufacture bumper fascia systems; exterior trim; modular systems; class A body panels; structural components; and under hood and underbody components for automotive, commercial truck, consumer, and industrial markets.
DexSys provides plastic injected, molded bumpers to the automotive industry.
This position reports directly to the Health & Safety Coordinator and is responsible for the general and specific job duties of DexSys as described below:
General Job Duties:
- To exhibit a fair and consistent management approach which follows the principles outlined in The Magna Employee’s Charter to ensure a satisfied and productive employee workplace.
- To persuade and support the following of Company policies and business objectives in the daily operations of the Company.
- To assist in coordinating health and safety objectives which provide for a safe and healthful workplace for all DexSys employees. Adhere to all objectives, policies and procedures of DexSys. Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor in order that the situation can be corrected. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
- To lead and participate in continuous improvement activities directly related to creating a safe working environment at DexSys.
* * Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur. * To lead and participate in continuous improvement activities directly related to creating a safe working environment at DexSys. * Development and implementation of DexSys Health and Safety policies and programs. * Assist in coordinating safety training for all DexSys employees in the areas of Safety, Fire Prevention, and Loss Control. * Ensure there is a safe environment for all DexSys team members * Assist in facilitating the Safety Committees and help to coordinate activities, recommendations, and accountability of issues identified by the committee. * Ensure all requirements are being met in regards to Magna Health & Safety requirements. * Conduct routine workplace safety inspections and establish measurable standards from which further recommendations (continuous improvement) can be made, with effective follow-up. * Assist in annual evaluation and updates of risk assessments for all positions and tasks within the facility. * Work with the facility’s maintenance groups to develop Machine Specific Lockout procedures and ensure that all necessary personnel are trained as required. Conduct random audits to ensure that personnel are using the procedures properly. * Assist in random periodic drug testing program at DexSys. * Coordinate annual hearing, pulmonary, and industrial hygiene testing. * Develop and conduct training programs on current safety topics. * Assist in maintaining documentation for OSHA and Magna reporting, data management and document retention requirements. * Assist in annual reviews of the DexSys Safety Manual and safety policies. * Coordinate the procurement of safety glasses and all other PPE as required. * Assist in updating and launching new training database. * Assist in implementing a Management of Change program * Assist in updating and maintaining Management Review report and coordinate with departments on tracking corrective actions. * Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Education
* * Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. * Prefer minimum two years Safety experience, preferably in an Injection Molding and Painting facility. * Strong conflict resolution skills * Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. * Demonstrated oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills. * Strong computer skills.
- Tobacco and nicotine free environment.
- This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while sitting, standing, or walking a minimum of six (6) hours a day and the ability to lift up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis. Must be capable of performing repetitive motion for two (2) to four (4) hours a day. Ability to climb stairs is necessary. Ability to wear a respirator is necessary.
Group: Magna Exteriors
Division: DexSys (Delta Exterior Systems)
Job Type: Regular