Flowserve Corporation R&D Lab Technician (Mechatronic) in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The R&D lab technician is responsible for supporting all aspects of test lab work, including tester design and
construction, test operation, instrumentation and measurement, procurement of test materials, Capital projects,
CIP projects, and maintenance of laboratory files and records.
Individuals interested in this position show interest in learning and innovation, enjoy being challenged, and will
add value to the R&D laboratory with their quality of work, strong worth ethic, flexibility in workload, and
collaboration with various customers and teams. Individual will be trained and guided as needed, but is expected
to be self-motivated to meet deadlines.
• Ensure a safe work environment in the test lab.
• Adhere to safe work habits, rules and practices, including the correct use of safety devices and equipment;
maintain a clean and orderly work place.
• Design, construct, maintain, operate, and troubleshoot test lab mechatronic systems, including:
• Tester plumbing, P&ID’s, and hydraulic fluid power systems.
• Instrumentation, software, and control systems related to data acquisition (DAQ build).
• Low voltage and high voltage electrical systems including circuit and control design.
• Support equipment such as air compressors, cooling towers, pumps, bearing frames, gearboxes, etc.
• Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical faults, investigate test stand failures and implement corrective
• Additional support systems including modules and DAQ’s, etc.
• Provide technical assistance on product design and product improvements.
• Maintain lab files including calibration records, test records, and component inventory.
• Maintain and use high precision measurement systems for pre-test and post-test measurements using specific
• Support customers as necessary to meet their objectives and to achieve on time delivery goals.
• Responsible to stay within scope, schedule and budget for all projects.
• Ability to independently identify and resolve project issues.
• Appropriate use of purchases and submitting expense reports in a timely manner.
• Exhibit behavior that contributes toward an environment that encourages teambuilding, decision making,
problem solving, and continuous improvement.
• Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
High School Diploma
Fluid power system experience and/or vocational training
Experience with high voltage electrical circuits used to power industrial machinery including diagnostic,
documentation drawing, design and construction of such circuits.
Strong mechanical skills; ability to read and interpret assembly drawings and component manufacturing
Skilled in machine building; ability to design and build tester stands and P&ID’s.
Proficient with Microsoft Office.
5+ years of test lab experience or equivalent
Mechatronic degree/ certification
Familiarity with API Piping Plans
Rotating equipment experience
Lean training experience
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
R&D Lab Technician (Mechatronic)
Primary Posting Location:
Kalamazoo, Michigan US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: