Advantage Living Centers Communities Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) in Haper Woods, Michigan
The Certified Nursing Assistant cares for residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical/vocational nurse. The position requires patience, compassion and a desire to care for the frail elderly in a gentle and empathetic manner.
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in good standing with the certification board or is a graduate of a state approved nursing assistant training program and passed a state approved competency examination (written and skills) within 120 days of employment; name entered into state nurse aide registry.
- High School Graduate/GED preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to express self adequately in written and oral communication and to communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary care setting with residents, families, and staff members. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Care and services:
- Takes and records vital signs.
- Measures and records height and weight.
- Calculates and records weight gain or loss.
- Calculates and records fluid intake and output.
- Cares for the resident’s environment.
- Recognizes abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes to a supervisor.
- Cares for residents when death is imminent.
- Makes routine rounds on each assigned resident every two hours.
- Bathes residents.
- Assists with grooming, including mouth care.
- Dresses residents.
- Toilets residents.
- Assists with eating and hydration.
- Uses proper feeding techniques.
- Calculates and records percentage of meal eaten.
- Observes resident’s skin when giving care and reports changes to licensed nurse.
- Provides skin care.
- Transfers, positions and turns residents.
- Meets resident’s mental health and social service needs.
- Modifies own behavior in response to residents’ behaviors.
- Is aware of developmental tasks associated with the aging process.