Beaumont Health Radiology Technologist in Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Under general direction, performs procedures requiring independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. Provides patient care, performs duties in an organized manner and exercises professional judgment in the performance of procedures. Applies principles of radiation protection and compliance with regulations. Evaluates radiographs to maintain a high degree of radiographic/image film quality. Maintains records for compliance with quality control/assurance activities. Assumes responsibility for designated area and clinical instruction as appropriate. Shall perform duties as assigned at various sites within the system for indeterminate periods of time.
- Performs quality imaging studies through verification of patient identification and physician order, with technical accuracy and completeness of examination.
- Demonstrates ability to proficiently operate all imaging equipment across sites in a safe manner
- Ensures quality and safe patient care while in the service area through effective communication and proper use of all patient apparatus.
- Contributes to the effective operations of the department by assisting fellow employees and staying in compliance with quality assurance and quality control.
- Effectively communicates with the medical staff, administration, subordinates and peers.
- Attends work on schedule
- Demonstrates Customer Focus and SERVICE FIRST!
- Education: Graduate of JRCERT Accredited Radiography program.
- Experience: Minimal as gained at student level
- Licensure: Registered or Registry eligible by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Skills & Abilities: Possess strong interpersonal and demonstrates entry level technical skills.
Must be competent in all areas of General Radiology; OR fluoroscopy, EC, portables, fluoroscopy for out patient gastrointestinal series, s/p bariatric sugeries, Pain clinic fluoroscopy, and out patient general x-rays. Have the ability to crtically think and multitask