Spectrum Health Physician - Cardiothoracic Transplant Surgeon in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Facility: Meijer Heart Center - GRAND RAPIDS, MI
Department: Cv Cardiothoracic Surgery
Classification: Full-time with Benefits (A1)
We are seeking aCardiothoracic Transplant Surgeonto join the Spectrum Health Cardiothoracic Surgery Division. Our current practice of ten cardiothoracic surgeons provide expert care in cardiac, thoracic, VAD, and transplant surgery. This is a great opportunity to work at the state of the art Meijer Heart Center and participate in the Richard DeVos Heart and Lung Transplant Program.
The transplant program provides surgical options for patients in West Michigan and the region with end stage heart and lung disease. Our group of surgeons provide expertise managing ischemic heart, thoracic aortic, and valvular heart disease with open, transcatheter, and robotic approaches. Pulmonary operations are primarily robotic. Advanced therapies include VAD, ECMO, and heart and lung transplantation.
· Research opportunities as part of Michigan State University
· Teaching faculty for ACGME fellowship program in Cardiothoracic Surgery
· Collegial setting and multidisciplinary team practice with an outstanding reputation amongst patients, providers, and hospital personnel
· High volume practice: 1500+ open hearts, 300+ TAVRs, 300+ thoracic, and 100+ VAD and transplant
· Competitive salary and benefits, moving expense allotment
· Diverse community in a family-oriented area; 2019 US News and World Report ranked Grand Rapids in the top 15 cities to live in the
Board certified in Cardiothoracic Surgery in the United States or Canada
Able to obtain a full, active medical license in the state of Michigan
Post-fellowship training experience in VAD/transplant, and currently listed with UNOS as a primary or additional surgeon with a United States transplant program
Fellowship training in transplant surgery
Education - Medical Degree (MD or DO) in Medicine
M.D. or D.O. license from the State of Michigan
Federal Narcotics License from the State of Michigan
Basic Life Support (BLS) Specific to SHMG 120 Days
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Specific to SHMG: ACLS required if stress test is performed or as required by specialty. 120 Days
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.