Munson Medical Center Clinical Supervisor in Gaylord, Michigan
BSN from recognized school of nursing. 6 years of nursing with 2 years of acute care and 2 years of Home Care or Hospice required. Management experience preferred.
ADN or Diploma from recognized school of nursing with 3 years of Home Care or Hospice management experience may be accepted in lieu of BSN. BSN must be obtained within 36 months of hire.
Licensed as Registered Nurse and in good standing in the State of Michigan.
Clinical Supervisors hired by Munson Home Health prior to January 1, 2010, are encouraged to obtain a BSN.
Hospice and Palliative Care Certification preferred. Must become certified within 6 months of hire or at the next available opportunity.
Knowledge of appropriate Conditions of Participation and reimbursement required; CHAP standards, denials, and queries preferred.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing and in planning and conducting presentations.
Demonstrated proficiency in use of computers.
Proven self-starter with the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
Possesses current Michigan motor vehicle license, ability to drive a car, and insured vehicle capable of transport to patient homes or other offices in various weather conditions.
Meets Home Health and Medicare standards as evidenced by criminal background check and fingerprinting.
Meets MHH established requirement for proof of health status. Physically able to lift 35 pounds. Demonstrates ability to move, position and transfer clients utilizing good body mechanics, lifting techniques and/or transfer assistive devices to avoid manipulating more than 35 pounds.
Reports to the Hospice manager. Must develop positive, collaborative working relationships with patients, families, staff, physicians, and members of the community.
Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Home Health.
Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
Promotes personal and patient safety.
Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
The overall responsibility of a Home Care Clinical Supervisor is to provide leadership and support to field staff ensuring that Hospice patients receive excellent care in the most financially responsible manner.
a. The following duties are required to achieve the previously state responsibility:
· Oversees and directs the clinical activities of the field staff.
· Participates in IDT meetings, holds individual case conferences, and 1 on 1 conferences with staff.
· Addresses day-to-day customer service concerns.
· Assists with day-to-day operations with the Hospice House.
· Performs annual performance evaluations including annual competency assessments.
· Performs record reviews as established by the quality plan, focusing on patient care needs and regulatory requirements.
· Participates in the interview process.
· Hires and disciplines employees.
· Maintains clinical knowledge base of current patient population.
· Coordinates new client referrals, assists with scheduling and problems related to staffing while ensuring continuity of care in the home setting.
· Identifies and addresses aberrant practice trends both in the field and in documentation.
· Oversees and directs individual staff educational and orientation needs in collaboration with the Education Department.
· Works with travel contract payors to negotiate visits rates.
· Participates in quality improvement process including the collection of data as outlined in the Quality Plan and other committees as assigned.
· Provides education to skilled nursing facilities and community outreach groups as requested.
· Provides marketing to community and other healthcare organizations as requested.
· Identifies patients' receiving invasive procedures/treatments and determines necessity in collaboration with Medical Director while educating physicians on other treatment modalities.
· Complies with MHH and department policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Participates in after-hours supervisory coverage as assigned.
Maintains computer proficiency in the basic functions of the programs used by MHH, including e-mail and use of the personal calendar.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.