Munson Medical Center Medical Assistant-Certified in Frankfort, Michigan
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides clinical and/or administrative support in an Ambulatory Practice or Clinic. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS Must be credentialed (e.g., certified, registered, as a Medical Assistant) Must maintain entry level requirements. Experience with EHR is preferred. High School graduate or GED equivalent is required. Must communicate effectively and work well with others. Assertiveness, organizational skills, effective time management, flexibility and self-motivation are essential for the role. Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position such as bending, stretching, kneeling, twisting, lifting, patient transfer, pushing, and pulling, etc. Must be able to lift 30 pounds. BLS certification preferred and must be obtained in 90 days of hire and maintained. ORGANIZATION: Reports to the Medical Practice leader which can include: Coordinator, Manager and/or Practice Administrator. ALL AGES OF PATIENTS SERVED
1) Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
2) Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3) Promotes personal and patient safety.
4) Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
5) Demonstrates adherence to all policies and procedures.
6) Strictly adheres to patient confidentiality.
7) Interaction with customers is expected to be friendly, appropriate and accurate. As a direct contact with patients and families, this individual must create a professional image through outstanding telephone courtesy, pleasantness, and the ability to keep their composure and the use of judgment and tact in dealing with others.
8) Maintains a professional working relationship with staff members, ancillary services and medical staff.
9) Perform all duties listed in department specific competencies.
10) Provides personalized care for patients while assuring a timely patient flow through the office.
11) Act as an advocate for the patient in his/her interactions with health care services.
12) Assist health care providers when requested. 13) Assists with day-to-day operations as required for optimal patient care. 14) Attend staff development programs. 15) Directs own continuing education activities and keep skills current, expand knowledge base and comply with entry level requirements.
16) Knows the physical requirements of the job and works within the guidelines of the department. Performs job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to hospital procedure.
17) Ability to communicate effectively using various forms of communication (digital/verbal) with all members of healthcare team 18) Maintain Infection control standards 19) Maintains Regulatory Requirements 20) Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Administrative duties (may include, but not limited to):
a. Answering phones
b. Greeting patients
c. Documenting and updating pertinent medical record requirements
d. Coding and filling out insurance forms
e. Scheduling appointments
f. Arranging for hospital admissions, referrals, and laboratory services.
g. Using computer applications
Clinical duties (may include, but not limited to):
a. Taking medical histories
b. Explaining treatment and procedures to patients
c. Timely follow through and completion of referral requests
d. Preparing patients for examination
e. Assisting the physician during exams
f. Collecting and preparing lab specimens
g. Preforming basic laboratory tests including blood draws
h. Instructing patients via standardized pathways and protocols
i. Preparing and administrating medications as directed by the physician.
j. Injections k. Removing sutures and changing dressings l. Other clinical services as required by specialty