Prestige Healthcare Assistant Director of Nursing (RN) in Farmington, Michigan
Want more than just a job, looking for a career?
MediLodge wants you! We are currently hiring for a Assistant Director of Nursing!
MediLodge is a skilled nursing group that is looking for the best, most compassionate employees to join our team.
A career with MediLodge is a rewarding one where you can see the impact on residents and their family members.
We promote “growing our own” and are very involved in our employees development, helping them to achieve their goals!
MediLodge offers Top Notch Benefit Packages to our Employees!
- Competitive Wages
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Sick Vacation Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Aflac and Colonial Ancillary Insurance Products Help us make a difference!
Assists the Director of Nursing with administrative duties and the supervision of nursing staff.
- Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
- Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state employed.
- Valid CPR certification.
Experience: Seven years experience in nursing, two years of which was supervisory in a long-term care environment. Essential Functions:
Acts as liaison between nursing units, admissions and the DON.
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address resident care issues.
- Monitor weekly and monthly weights.
- Monitors and evaluates nursing staff and makes recommendations for training or work modification to the DON.
- Monitor meals and breaks to assure compliant by staff.
- Assists in preparation of departmental budget.
- Monitor meals and temperature of meal trays.
- Performs personnel management functions such as establishing personnel qualification requirements, drafting procedure manuals, instating in-service programs, and installing record and reporting systems.
- Monitor noise level and satisfaction of residents with care/or dissatisfaction.
- Performs studies to evaluate effectiveness of nursing services in relation to their objectives and costs.
- Monitor and audit charts weekly for: Episodic; Medicare documentation; all assessments; nursing summaries, MAR’s; treatment; flow sheets; residents profile for CNA’s.
- Ensures that annual competency evaluations and performance reviews are completed in the appropriate time frame.
- Rounds on unit daily.
- Pro-actively addresses survey and/or standards of care issues.
- Follow up on residents/family/employee concerns in a timely manner.
- Plans and guides the professional development of nursing staff.
- Participates in nurse on call system.
- Represents the DON at meetings, in the community, and assumes responsibility for nursing operations in the DON’s absence.
- Works with the Staffing Coordinator to ensure that shifts have adequate nursing staff to meet facility/census requirements.
- Rounds on units at least 1 time a day to assure needs are being met.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Assist DON in preparing reports, forms and clinical issues in a timely manner. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Nurse Practice Act, state and federal regulations and Company policies and procedures regarding nursing standards and delivery of care.