Beaumont Health Clin Nurse PRN Float in Farmington Hills, Michigan
GENERAL SUMMARY: The clinical nurse, under the ANA scope of practice utilizes the framework of the nursing process to provide professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The Clinical Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures.
UNIT DESCRIPTION: This PRN Clinical Nurse position will work through the Nursing Resource Pool at Farmington Hills floating to various inpatient medical/surgical nursing units as well as Geropsych.* *
Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of patient/family/significant other.
Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care (PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for each patient/family.
Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family partnerships on patient outcomes.
Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in planning plan of care.
Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally responsible).
Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related needs.
Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources in planning patient care.
Delegates appropriate tasks.
Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical procedures and uses equipment properly.
Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family; documents education and learning appropriately in health record.
Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring peers and educating patients and families.
Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice. Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals annually and completes peer review.
Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and committees.
Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the patient, family and partners in care.
Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural traditions and lore of community served.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH). Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
- Supports the Patient and Family-Centered Care (PFCC) model: • Treats individuals with dignity and respect • Shares complete and unbiased information with patients and their families • Encourages and supports patient and family participation in their care • Partners and collaborates with patients, families, and team members to ensure an excellent and positive patient experience
- Supports and contributes towards the BH culture: • Brings best self to work each day • Is highly engaged • Reflects a team oriented approach • Strives for excellence • Treats patients, families, and co-workers with compassionate, extraordinary care every day
- Supports and contributes towards the BH Just Culture Environment: • Encourage employees to report safety and quality concerns and encourage their participation in redesigning systems and processes to minimize the risks of errors from happening. • Just Culture is about creating an environment where employees are encouraged to do the right thing, including reporting safety and quality concerns, so that we do not compromise our values in pursuit of our mission.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
- Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team oriented environment – cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules – including universal precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
- Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
- Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Training: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD – if not minimum BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3) years. This is effective September 1, 2017. Specialty Certification highly recommended after 2 years in specialty.
Work Experience: Must have a minimum of 2 years M/S RN experience.
Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license in State of Michigan
Other Qualifications: Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers certification and other certifications as required by department.