Henry Ford Health System Contingent I - Registered Nurse / H5 Cardiology / Detroit / Rotating Shift in Detroit, Michigan
At Henry Ford Hospital, all nurses strive to provide exceptional patient care every day. They are encouraged to participate in quality assurance activities, research and shared governance to make a difference in the care given to patients and families. Henry Ford Nursing uses evidence-based practice, professional practice standards and the Henry Ford Hospital Professional Nurse Practice Model to drive nursing practice.
Thank you for your interest in Henry Ford Hospital Nursing.
Telemetry Cardiology – H5
The H5 Cardiac Telemetry Unit is a 30-bed unit that specializes in treating patients who are in varying stages of preparation or recuperation from cardiac diagnostic, therapeutic and/or surgical interventions. The patient population includes inpatient and 23-hour observation patients. Common diagnoses include advanced congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, unstable angina, acute myocardial infarction, heart transplant, arrhythmia and implanted ventricular assist devices. This unit is one of two units that provide care for left ventricular assist device (LVAD) and heart transplant patients.
Nurses on this unit gain experience with telemetry monitoring, administration of vasoactive and antiarrhythmic intravenous agents, management of cardiac chest pain and pre/post-operative care of cardio-thoracic surgical patients. It is a great unit to build the skills needed to become a cardiac or ICU nurse. The staff on this unit strive to put each patient first and enhance collaboration in clinical practice, education and quality assessment.
Schedule: Contingent - Minimum requirement of 40 hours in a 28-day schedule
Schedule requirement as follows:
12-hour Shifts – Rotating Shift
Minimum of 16 hours scheduled off shift
At least 1 Friday, 1 Saturday, and 1 Sunday per 28 Day schedule
Holidays – Memorial Day or Independence Day; Labor Day or Thanksgiving; Christmas or New Year’s Day
· Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing
· Previous 1-2 years recent related clinical nursing experience and a demonstrated level of performance and practice required
· Telemetry experience preferred
· Current licensure by the Michigan State Board of Nursing
· BLS required / NRP Preferred
· ACLS certification preferredOverview Under the leadership of President and CEO Wright L. Lassiter, III, Henry Ford Health System is a $6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region’s major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and remaining Michigan’s fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses, pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visitHenryFord.com. Benefits Whether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about choice. Henry Ford Health System has a new approach for its employee benefits program - My Choice Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program (Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee's classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.