Beaumont Health Supv, Point of Care in Dearborn, Michigan
In conjunction with the respective system medical director/manager, designs and implements point-of-care testing throughout the assigned hospital(s) by enforcing JCAHO and CAP requirements and proving quality, timely la
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
• Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, Chemistry or Biology.
• Master's Degree preferred.
B. Work Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years related Laboratory experience preferred.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
• MT-ASCP or equivalent certification required by hospital policy.
D. Other Qualifications:
- Ability to think logically and sequentially, demonstrable communication and organization skills; achievement and efficiency orientation, ability to develop, coach others, fosters teamwork, possesses initiative, strong self-concept, a customer service orientation, and resistance to stress. In-depth experience with troubleshooting laboratory instrumentation. PC skills in word processing, database and spreadsheets. Must effectively interact with key personnel, (physicians, nursing, laboratory), in the units/department as to programs status and needs.