Prestige Healthcare Resident Voice - Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Cass City, Michigan
Under supervision, provides basic nursing assistance and assists residents with daily living activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid certification as a CNA in the state of employment.
Six months experience in a long term care environment preferred. Essential Functions:
Resident Voice Duties
- Greet new Admissions and escort to their room
- Daily visits with documentation
- Visit at least 1 time per day
- Complete 3 day, 7 day, and discharge surveys on Survey Monkey and share results with administrator
- Address customer service concerns immediately
- Ideal working hours 10am- 6pm or 11am- 7pm
- Assist in answering phones
- Review of hospitality guides with new residents
- Obtain testimonials from residents/ families
- Create ‘Wow’ moments with Residents and Families
- Answers signal lights and bells to determine resident needs.
- Assists residents with grooming, oral hygiene, bathing, hair, and incontinence care.
- Obtains food trays and assists residents with feeding.
- Assists residents with range of motion exercises, and movement to wheelchair or activity areas.
- Assists resident with turning and positioning in bed
- Assists resident with ambulation for short distance in facility.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned..
- Documentation on flow sheets as directed.
- Attends interdisciplinary meetings as needed to provide input into selected resident’s plans of care.
- Documents restorative services provided following facility policies and procedures.
Reports to Charge Nurse or designee on progress/lack of progess in achieving restorative goals. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and facility staff.