Mercy Medical Center Clinton RN/LPN Unit Manager - FT PM in Bellbrook - Rochester Hills, Michigan
Expected Weekly Hours:
Job Description Details:
Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity
Health and Trinity Senior Living Communities in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) Sanctuary Values to all internal and external customers (residents,
visitors, volunteers, and associates.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm
environment throughout the community. Actively participates / intervenes with direct care as needed and as a role
model in ongoing Sanctuary Training of personnel.
Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TSLC.
Maintain departmental procedures that support the necessary operational functions for the department.
As assigned monitors department work hours (including vacation and holiday schedules), personnel (if applicable),
work assignments, etc., to ensure proper work flow and adequate staffing levels in compliance with state minimum
regulations and sanctuary budgeted PPD hours
- Evaluate, develop, mentor, coach, counsel and discipline department staff. Supports community personnel from
other departments through coaching and mentoring to help achieve optimum standard of excellence. Addresses
issues of concern through courageous conversation and notifies department manager of any interactions requiring
- Participate in community surveys and when necessary assist in development of a plan of correction for department
Demonstrate knowledge of Sanctuary initiatives and implementation of the various processes.
Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing personnel assigned to you in accordance with current rules,
regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care community.
- Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating nursing services to ensure that the resident's total
regimen of care is maintained.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the community's quality assurance program
for the nursing service department.
Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as necessary.
Complete and file required record keeping forms/charts upon the resident's admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
Chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well
as the resident's response to the care.
- Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation
policies and procedures.
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician while observing the 5 rights of medication
Licensed Practical Nurse Manager.doc Page 2 of 3
- Review medication administration, treatment administration records for completeness of information, accuracy in
the transcription of the physician's order, and adherence to stop order policies.
- Make daily rounds of your unit/shift to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work
assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report problem areas to the Clinical Care
- Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician, and in accordance
with our established procedures.
- Administer professional services such as; catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing
dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and range of motion
exercise, care for the dead/dying, etc., as required.
Assist in training nursing department personnel.
Monitor your shift's personnel to ensure that they are following established safety regulations in the use of
equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that your assigned work areas (i.e., nurses' stations, medicine preparation rooms, etc.) and your unit’s
resident’s care rooms and treatment areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Ensure that an adequate stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on your
unit/shift at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
Review care plans daily to ensure that appropriate care is being rendered.
Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written/oral report to the Director of Nursing
and/or Administrator indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance. Follow
community's established procedures.
- Must function independently, make independent decisions, demonstrate flexibility, personal integrity and ability to
work effectively with residents and personnel.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance
with the community policies and procedures.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, TSLC Corporate
Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a
manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation, serving diverse communities that include more than 30 million people across 22 states. Trinity Health includes 94 hospitals, as well as 109 continuing care locations that include PACE programs, senior living facilities, and home care and hospice services. Its continuing care programs provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Based in Livonia, Mich., and with annual operating revenues of $17.6 billion and assets of $24.7 billion, the organization returns $1.1 billion to its communities annually in the form of charity care and other community benefit programs. Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, Trinity Health is known for its focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, the organization is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services — ranked by number of visits — in the nation, as well as the nation’s leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs. For more information, visit www.trinity-health.org at http://www.trinity-health.org/ . You can also follow @TrinityHealthMI on Twitter.