LAKESHORE HOME HEALTH CARE SERVICES Licensed Practical Nurse in Battle Creek, Michigan
This position is under the direction, instruction and the supervision of the Program Manager, for Lakeshore Home Health Care Services, Incorporated (Lakeshore). The LPN is a professional and certified healthcare professional who is specifically trained and competent to provide basic client care. The home health care LPN administers semi skilled nursing care to clients on an intermittent basis, and the clients’ residence. The LPN performs their duties in accordance with a physician’s orders and the clients plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Program Manager or Registered Nurse (RN). AVAILABILITIES* Every Saturday and every other Tuesday night 8pm-8am * Every other Saturday and every Sunday 8am-8pm * Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs 2pm-8pm WHAT WE OFFER
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Sign-on and referral bonuses QUALIFICATIONS* Must be a graduate of a state approved school of practical (vocational) nursing, and currently possess a valid LPN license in the State of Michigan.
- Must not have a criminal conviction for any violent crime or felony, and no past or pending disciplinary actions as an LPN.
- Two (2) years experience in nursing preferred.
- The ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:* Participates in the planning and coordination of total client care in conjunction with the RN and the physician’s plan of care.
- Follows the nursing care plan for each assigned client.
- Administers medicines and injections as prescribed and ordered by the client’s physician.
- Assists the client with the activities of daily living while teaching appropriate self-care techniques.
- Observes the client; evaluates the client; applies his/her knowledge of nursing skills to the assigned clients.
- Accurately reports and records the clients condition and care, including signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change.
- Prepares clinical/progress notes on the day of the visit and incorporates it in the clinical record weekly.
- Reports changes in client condition to the RN supervisor.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the client.
- Assists the RN in complex nursing situations.
- Participates in case conference, in services and other programs and meetings as needed.
- Performs treatments as assigned per physician’s signed plan of care. AN LPN may only perform those treatments for which they are qualified by training and experience to perform.
- Provides services in accordance with company policies. We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.