Trinity Health Glacier Hills- RN or LPN House Supervisor- Full Time in Ann Arbor, Michigan
The afternoon nurse supervisor is responsible for the health and safety of the residents which includes over-seeing Assisted Living services as directed by the Personal Care Physician as well as coordinating emergency triage for Manor and Meadows residents. Provide day-to-day supervision of Assisted Living services and staff in accordance with State and Federal regulations and facility policies. Exhibits the mission, purpose, and values of Glacier Hills in word and action while performing all functions of the position. Must possess a positive attitude and compassion for older adults.
Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations; the Trinity Health Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct; as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
*Critical*(highest priority; absolutely key to success on the job)
- Utilize licensed health care professional knowledge and skills in the safe implementation of Assisted Living services according to the Personal Care Physician directives and Home for the Aged regulations.
- Supervise the administration of medications for all Assisted Living residents and Medication management program for IL residents in accordance with physician's orders. Supervise charting of all medications according to Home for the Aged requirements.
- Document necessary resident information in accordance with the facility’s policies and HFA rules. Ensure accurate completion of documentation by staff.
- Monitor incidents and falls and report information to the AL Nurse Manager and Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing as appropriate and coordinate interventions to reduce recurrence of incidents.
- Supervise Med Techs and Resident Services Assistants for all resident care delivery. Responsible for the smooth day to day operations of the building.
- Respond to Manor and Meadows resident emergencies as appropriate.
- Responsible for staff scheduling shift to shift call-ins.
*Important*(secondary to critical responsibilities; contributes significantly to success on the job)
- Coordinate the ordering of medications in accordance with physician's orders.
- Perform MAR/Chart audits to ensure compliance with Home for the Aged requirements.
- Answer and refer telephone calls or other inquiries to ensure accurate and timely communications are facilitated.
- Oversee the scheduling of medical, in-house podiatrist and dental appointments.
- Assist staff with tasks that require more than one person to complete.
- Resolve resident complaints and grievances. Assist residents, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
*Standard*(general functions of the job)
- Foster good teamwork and positive relationships with the staff at all times
- Adhere to the facility's policies and procedures as well as state and federal regulations which pertain to the facility.
- Establish courteous relationships with residents, families’ facility personnel, and external contractors.
- Assure confidentiality of all resident information.
- Provide a caring and respectful environment, honoring resident rights and deliver person centered care at all times.
- Participate in continuing education sessions and staff meetings as scheduled.
Graduate of an approved licensed health care professional program (LPN or RN). Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
*Licensure / Certification*
Current Michigan Nursing License – RN or LPN (RN preferred)
2 years experience. Experience working in the area of geriatrics preferred.
Job Number: 00137115
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - Glacier Hills
Employment Type: Full time