Trinity Health CSPD Material Handler-1 in Ann Arbor, Michigan
CSPD Material handlers transport equipment, medical supplies, beds, blood, stool, emergency carts, delivery/pickup of beds, and Code Blue drawers to pharmacy. In addition, answer phone calls, (within 3 rings) and help assist/troubleshoot customer needs in a professional manner. Delivers stock to a variety of departments throughout the hospital. This position is a fast pace environment and the sense of urgency to fulfil clinician needs are critical.
- Responsible for delivering CSPD stock to all units to assure adequate daily par levels and supply needs.
- On call throughout the shift Respond to urgent (STAT CALLS) request immediately.
- Operates freight elevator to transport medical and non-medical supplies to and from the designated areas.
- Works closely with Inventory Techs to coordinate flow of supplies to all user departments.
- Monitor AGV; Make appropriate calls to Engineering to get problems resolved.
- Responsible for basic trouble shooting to keep units running.
- Delivers unit specific beds to the patient towers.
- Work with Environmental Services with coordinating discharge of beds and ensuring appropriate bed is sent up to the room for next patient.
- Answer telephone and respond to routine inquires and maintains good Customer Service.
- Responds to Code Blue's, installs traction, cleans CSPD equipment and prepares it for next patient use.
- Delivers Hoverjack and VRI computer when requested.
- Delivers Home Infusion Supplies to patient unit from Pharmacy.
- During overnight hours responsible for delivery of Alaris IV Pumps.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships.
- Approaches conflict in a constructive manner.
- Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital.
- Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
- Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
Education: Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Basic skills in reading, writing and arithmetic.
Job Number: 00135904
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Hospital Ann Arbor
Employment Type: Part time