ProMedica Health System Clinical Informatics Analyst - Operational Informatics in Adrian, Michigan
Support of information systems and technology implementation, education and ongoing EMR improvements as it relates to patient care services. Serves as an expert on Epic functionality/integration in clinical areas. Provides service to all system acute care hospitals.
- Responsible for oversight and reaching of consensus for clinical decision making key points for build and workflows.
- Responsible to facilitate standardization of drug formulary/order sets specific to the program integration.
- Facilitate definition of In Scope and Out of Scope drugs.
- Define, test, create Policy & Procedure for optimal operational workflows
- Provide plan/oversight for testing of equipment in conjunction with TriMedex/outside vendors.
- Build educational curriculum for Go-Live and remedial adoption practices. Plan and Lead Go-Lives/Upgrade modalities and approach.
- Responsible for the education of end users. Lead adoption/optimization of all end users
- Serve as at the elbow support for end user support for onboarding of new staff, upgrades, other IT initiatives/optimizations/adoptions.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal, Joint Commission and other third-party regulations and standards of care as appropriate.
- Responsible for facilitation of workflow analysis, implementation, adoption, maintenance and support of Epic functionality. Must be able to understand complex medication administration workflows.
- Communicates effectively with peers, staff, PHS leadership and other departments.
- Works with Information Technology Resources to train end-users on Epic integration and workflows.
- Keeps abreast of technological changes and innovations in nursing informatics and clinical systems.
- Collaborates with appropriate parties at each business unit to ensure appropriate internal training programs on clinical information systems.
- Supports the continuous improvement of quality and service to ensure clinical technology systems assist in meeting clinical standards and organizational goals.
- Works to automatic solutions to manual clinical processes in collaboration with Information Technology Resources.
- Demonstrates effective team management and collaboration with other departments. Formulates an effective system-wide team to support project design and implementation.
- Maintains own responsibility for continuous learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned
*hospitals may include Bixby-Herrick (Adrian), Monroe, Defiance, Bay Park and Flower Hospital
Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other members of the interdisciplinary care team. Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills.
Must have the ability to design, implement, evaluate and coordinate patient care programs and delivery approaches. A high level of organizational, delegation, and problem solving skills required.
Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer.
Three to five (3-5) years of bedside clinical experience within past five to ten years.
Must be a licensed RN in the State of Ohio and Michigan.
MSN is preferred.
Previous experience in clinical informatics preferred.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Requisition ID: 50128
ProMedica Health System
- ProMedica Health System Jobs